MARTIN have been appointed as main contractor on the installation of bespoke signage, on sites stretching from County Cork through to County Cavan.
With over 80 individual sites in total, and most of these located at or within areas of significant historical significance, logistics and planning were crucial to the success of this scheme.
The primary elements of the work consisted of the following:
- Archeological Assessment and application for consents at each location
- Excavation and placement precast foundation at each site
- Install bespoke corten signage
- Backfill and reinstate
- Supply and place indigenous natural stone to bespoke pattern, approx. 600m2 in total
- Enabling works, stone walls and flexible surfacing
The work involves administration with sixteen separate county councils, with full Safety and Health plans in place for each client. With traffic and pedestrian plans implemented at each site, segregation of the works was vital in our efforts to install two complete sites per day.
With a vast footprint stretching over most of Eastern Ireland, communication and planning are critical in the successful delivery of this flagship project. Having demonstrated our ability to successfully manage a project of this scope and complexity, we have secured further work in RoI.