MARTIN were appointed as subcontractor to provide the hard landscaping package at this prestigious project at The Waterfront Hall. The project was carried out during a very tight window with several trades operating in a very confined space.
The works comprised the following:
- Lift and relay existing Caithness Stone
- Supply and place 1400m2 of Caithness Stone
- 660m2 of Portuguese granite setts laid in fantail pattern
- New treads and step risers
- 820m2 of 1-3mm Golden Pea Gravel on Epoxy resin
- 800m2 of asphalt surfacing
- Recladding local limestone on façade of building
- Provide and replace granite seawall coping, with associated enabling and access solutions
- Bespoke granite corner units and radii channel kerbs
Having secured the tender on the basis of supply and fit of natural stone, MARTIN were delighted to offer a one-stop solution to McLaughlin & Harvey on this project, where substantial additional works were added. With only one access on this £26M contract, the working zones were meticulously planned to allow smooth running of the site.
Our Site Agent worked closely with site management to ensure each zone was segregated and handed back for pedestrian traffic as soon as possible. The lead time of specified material meant that Portuguese stone was sourced, samples provided and agreed to meet the main contractor programme.
“I found Martin Contracts to be a valuable member of our supply chain with a very knowledgeable and well-rounded team with unlimited resources and capabilities, enabling them to deal with any challenge that comes their way“, Jonathan Cole, Project Manager
We have secured further works with McLaughlin & Harvey following successful completion of this project.