MARTIN were appointed as subcontractor to Carncastle Properties Limited on this technical and challenging project.
The entire retail park was experiencing issues relating to settlement, with large cracks appearing at various locations within ASDA and its neighbouring properties. All remedial works had to be completed while keeping the store fully operational at all times.
Phasing and logistics were key to the planning of the project, which commenced with the relocation of Asda staff into bespoke temporary accommodation, complete with data, security and electrical installation. The demolition works were able to commence when this first phase was complete.
The main elements of the project were as follows:
· Demolition & strip out
· Breaking up existing floor
· Mini-piling to 33m
· Drainage and ductwork installation
· Reinforced floor slab
· Complete refridgeration rooms with associated panelling
· Mechanical & Electrical Fit-out
· Breaking up existing flexible surfacing
· Bulk excavation around 33kv NIE cabling
· Drainage repairs
· Blockwork support walls
· Structural steel and concrete lintols
· Contractor design hollow core slabs
· T-beam and block system
· Street furniture
· Hard landscaping to include block paving and flexible surfacing
· Thermoplastic Lining
The scheme has been a success in terms of quality and budget, but the Health & Safety on such a busy site has been a credit to the site supervisors and the men working on a daily basis.